Santa, as well as our family and friends were very good to us this year. Aiden woke up around 7:30 on Christmas morning. He claimed that he had heard Santa and the reindeer making noise during the night. We came upstairs and found that Santa had enjoyed the cookies and milk we left out for him. He left a mess of crumbs which bothered Aiden. He took the celery and carrots and Milo with him, but left a note, many stocking stuffers, books and the movies Turbo and Planes that Aiden had been hoping for, as well as a toy and kitty litter for Mitsu.
This is what Santa's note said:
Aiden,
You've been a good boy all year and I hope you enjoy your gifts. Keep eating your vegetables and minding your parents. Milo is going to miss you but I need him at the North Pole. Thanks for ringing your bell to help me find my way. The cookies and chocolate were delicious. The reindeer didn't want to leave your house because of all the goodies. You are a good boy and have a big heart. Keep it up.
Love,
Santa Claus
Here are a few pics of the gifts Aiden received for Christmas. I love the expressions on his face
This last picture shows the gift I received from Aaron, a new sewing table. He insisted on spending the morning putting it together for me. It's so awesome because it has a bunch of additional storage and so I now have a cleaner workspace and more room in my fabric cabinet. Aaron picked out some car parts for his Christmas gift.
For Christmas lunch/dinner, we enjoyed some delicious food: a brisket that was cooked in a cranberry, garlic, onion, beef stock mixture that cooked down and served as a delicious gravy for the Grandma Lambert mashed potatoes I made. We also had a spinach salad with an olive oil vinaigrette, feta cheese and dried cranberries; rolls; deviled eggs; wine; "Waldo" salad, apple pie with ice cream; and various cookies and treats.
It was a great day, just the three of us. We thank you all for helping to make our Christmas merry and bright.
No comments:
Post a Comment