Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's been a while!

It's been a while since I've posted. Life in the Loudenburg household has been very busy these past several months. Back in March I found out that I'm pregnant! I'm due on the 11th of November. I'm already halfway through my pregnancy, and cannot believe how quickly the time is flying by. My first trimester was a little rough, very different from what I've experienced in the past. I had a lot of nausea, numerous migraines and even more just plain old headaches, I'd feel horrible if I didn't drink enough water during the day, and I was really exhausted.

Now that I'm in my second trimester, I'm happy to report that the migraines have subsided. The nausea now presents itself as heartburn late at night. I'm still pretty exhausted, but not as bad as I was a few months ago. I have sciatica and had my first physical therapy appointment yesterday.

I would suffer through those everyday just to know that I was having a healthy baby. I wanted to list my experiences just so I can look back on this post a few years from now and remember what I went through because this will be my last pregnancy.  And despite the headaches, nausea, etc. I fully intend to enjoy this pregnancy as much as possible. I'm reminded everyday how miraculous it is to be a woman and carry a baby. I can now feel the baby move and it is honestly one of the most amazing experiences. I can't wait for Aaron and Aiden to be able to feel the baby move as well.

From day one, Aiden has been so excited about becoming a big brother. He has insisted that the baby is a girl, and a few weeks ago, we found out that his intuition was correct. It's a girl! A already has a name picked out for his little sister, he wants us to name her Star. Aaron and I aren't too sure about that name, but love that Aiden is already wanting to be involved in his little sister's life. He also now demands that Aaron take out the trash because, "Baby sister doesn't like the smell of trash." This little gal is lucky to have such a loving brother. And while we enjoy this pregnancy and prepare for the arrival of this baby, I intend to have an awesome summer with Aiden.. before our family of three becomes a family of four.


Baby's first picture
 
 
Side profile captured a few weeks ago 


No comments:

Post a Comment